Hello. Welcome back to a brand new, updated, revamped Digital Kicks. It’s hard to believe that I am already on volume 020. Not all of the compilations / mixes have seen the light of day but I can assure you they were all lovingly put together on my laptop and saved for posterity.
Some of you may remember previous editions of Digital Kicks. The premise is pretty simple – I trawl through all of my new music each month, select my favourite tracks and present them to you sequenced and mixed with love. I have had a long think about the approach and nearly decided to change the format beginning with volume 020. But since I want to avoid trouble and potential lawsuits, I am going to continue with the same formula.
So, I have still made my way through all of my new music for this month. I have still selected and sequenced the killer tracks with love.
I give to you the first Digital Kicks of 2008 and number 020 in the series…
To listen to the mix, click on the RSS feed on the right hand side of the page or click here to go directly to my Digital Kicks podcast page.
Enjoy the compilation!
The track listing for this month is:
01. I Still Remember – Bloc Party
02. We’ll Live And Die In These Towns – The Enemy
03. Tonight The Streets Are Ours – Richard Hawley
04. You Dream In Solid Gold – Future Kings Of Spain
05. My Babe – Little Walter
06. Let Me Blow Your Mind – Shawn Lee’s Ping Pong Orchestra
07. I Just Want To Make Love To You – Etta James
08. Secret Stealth – Stealth 3
09. The Clapping Song – Shirley Ellis
10. The Preacher & The Bear – Golden Gate Quartet
11. Green Door – Wynder K Frog
12. Days Go By (Paul Oakenfold Vocal Remix) – Dirty Vegas
13. Spliffhead – Ragga Twins
14. Smile And Receive – Swayzak
15. Das Spiegal – The Chemical Brothers
16. Operation – Jamie T
17. Crumble – Dinosaur Jr
18. You Can’t Judge A Book By It’s Cover – Bo Diddley
19. Ain’t Got No One – Clarence ‘Frogman’ Henry
20. The Imperial March – John Williams
21. Midnight Funk Infinity – Soulphiction
22. Fragment Two (The First Picture) (Jesse Rose Instrumental Remix) – Kenneth Bager